Friday, February 14, 2014

A Modern Love Story



One of the rewards of aging is being able to watch the stories that develop in the lives of people we love.
Sometimes, we get to be small participants in those lives. This summer I was blessed to be part of the wedding of my youngest daughter, Jessie.    
Jessie is a teacher and a writer who lives far away from me on the Big Island of Hawaii. That is where she met her husband, James. 
Jessie has written a piece that tells about meeting her husband to be and their early romance. It is being published in the New York Times “Modern Love” column.  
Jessie’s story will be out this weekend in the “Sunday Styles” section of the Times print edition. But the Times has already uploaded it to its online edition along with a “Valentine's Animation Special” that was created to go with the article.
The story, “Learning to Silence My Inner Editor,” and the animation are available now here: http://nyti.ms/1gvxwGh.
I’d wanted to share Jessie’s article with my readers this Valentine’s Day. It’s a good day to spread some love if you can.

2 comments:

Robert Clofine said...

The only error in that story is its title. That's not a modern love story, its a classic one. Simply beautiful.

topomyhead said...

It's embarrassing, but it brought tears to my eyes. Your daughter has amazing talent. I guess I'll have to buy the book.